It is often termed as a common cause for concern for both leg and low back pain that aggravates with age. The physical depreciation in the human body develops as people grow old. It often leads to tapering of spinal canal, which is clinically called Lumbar Canal Stenosis.
Following symptoms usually occur:
- Acute back pain
- Severe pain in heaps and legs (sciatica)
- Tingling in the leg portion (CT)
- Foot drop
- Reduced pain while sitting
- Development of neurogenic claudication that causes numbness in legs
This particular ailment confines itself to acute leg pain, which is quite irritating while making any physical movements. However, it may not lead to any back pain. When a patient approaches the best spinal surgeon in Lucknow, the surgeon arrives at a conclusive decision by performing a CT or MRI scan.
Treatments to Offer
You may go for non-surgical treatments like braces, workouts, physiotherapy, chiropractic therapy, and medications that include spinal injections. For permanent healing, surgery may be the ideal option. However, it primarily depends on the patient’s age and immediate health conditions. Following factors have to be considered before performing invasive surgery:
- If the daily routine is hampered due to leg or back pain
- If any progressive neurological disorder is discovered
- Obstructions in normal bowel/bladder functioning
- If one finds it hard to exert physical movement
- If noninvasive treatment is not successful
- If the patient enjoys consistent sound health condition.
Need to make A Appointment?
Neurosurgery center handling the queries of medical facilities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Make An Appointment